What's In Your Wallet

I find it more difficult these days to try and explain the difference between sick care and health care. We have falsified the meaning of "health care" benefits when in actuality, they cover services for sickness. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place that my monthly premium gets used, but I feel that I should get a break because I haven't been to my primary care physician (in fact, I don't think I even have one) in ever. I would never drop my coverage in case a catastrophe occurs, but come on, give me a break.
The bigger challenge is differentiating what I do as an actual Health Care Provider to those sick care providers. Some insurance companies have policies where they allow a certain amount of chiropractic coverage (usually only enough to cover what I like to call "Relief Care"). Once insurance runs out, I am stuck trying to explain that the insurance company also does not pay for other health products, such as gym memberships, vitamins, whole food selections, or bottled water. Chiropractic is so much larger than back and neck pain, that once people stay long enough to enjoy those benefits, it's like a light bulb goes off. But foreshadowing that health experience when someone is hurting is another story... So please- if you want everything that chiropractic offers, such as increased energy, increased immunity, increase mind-body connection and so much more, don't expect your insurance to pick up the tab.
I thank God daily for those of you who are committed enough to read these blogs. Thanks

In Health,

Dr. Scott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scroll no further for these fun facts about your spine

Back hurting this holiday season? You may be forgetting about this one significant cause.

Sciatica- It's a thing!